Group Exhibition | July/August 2011
Elroy Artspace @ The Original | 300 SW 6th (Downtown PDX)
Opening Reception – (First) Thursday, July 7th, 5-9pm
show runs July 7th through September 7th, 2011
Elroy Artspace Gallery to Features its 2nd Annual Tiki Fine Art Group Show Opening on July’s First Thursday Artwalk! * "Scootiki: Mods & Gods" will enjoy another FUN and HUGE opening at our gallery home within The Original Dinerant!
* Elroy will unveil and sell a custom TIki Mug for the Scootiki event at the opening reception! It's designed by tiki artistMulder142 in collaboration with, and produced by Paul Neilson of Munktiki! This gorgeous mug will be a limited and Super-limited edition for sale on a first-come basis.
* Portland’s own Tiki drink mixologist and historian Craig Hermann a.k.a. Colonel Tiki has created a new Tiki drink for the mug: the SCOOTIKI SLING, unveiled and served on First Thursday, made with and sponsored by Portland’s B.G. Renyolds Exotic Syrups and Sailor Jerry Rum! Check this out!:
2 oz Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
1/2 oz B.G. Reynolds Orgeat
1/2 oz Crème de Cacao
1/2 oz Cherry flavor Brandy
1/2 oz lemon juice
...Shake with 6 oz crushed ice and pour into official Scootiki mug. Garnish with a spanked mint sprig and maraschino cherries run through on a parasol pick. Imbibe.
* Elroy's "Scootiki: Mods & Gods" show will serve also as the official Art Show of the National Lambretta Jamboree held in Portland July 8-10th!
* The "Scootiki" show will also be a featured Saturday event on the Tiki Kon IX schedule, proudly hosting the Kon’s avid tiki fans with fine, Tiki art!
* Check out the http://bit.ly/NNotesTikihttp://bit.ly/NNotesTikiweeblylink_new_window our friend and writer Chad Walsh wrote about the show, the upcoming Tiki Kon, and the state of Tiki in PDX